Re: Redline Lights and Tone

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, David G. Davidson wrote:

> Does anyone have information on installing a redline warning light and/or
> tone on a E36?
>
> It's a feature I really liked about my '85 RX7 and would like to have in
> my M3.

 I think most people just listen to the "music" of the engine and can
tell that it's time to shift.  As I understand the RX7 rotary engine,
you need that warning tone to tell you that you're zipping past 10k
RPMs and that the streams will soon be crossed and everything nearby
will soon undergo total protonic reversal, even though it still sounds
about the same.  Is that not true?

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net