[PWOB] Pronunciation...of Avus

Okay, so I've owned this great-looked 1995 M3 for over six months now,
but I'm still curious about the official pronunciation of 'Avus' (as in
Avus Blue).  Is it (phonetically):

`A-vis (long A, first syllable stressed, sounds like Avis the rental
       car company)
`A-vis (short A, first syllable stressed)
A-`voos (long A, second syllable stressed, sounds really weird)
A-`voos (short A, second syllable stressed)
`A-voos (long A, first syllable stressed)
`A-voos (short A, first syllable stressed)
something else (not many choices left)

Thanks for any enlightenment,

Ron Buchalski