Re: Sandblasted Windshield

>>From: "Melanie & Chris Alberts" <legato@domain.elided>
Subject: Sandblasted Windshield
...Has anyone on the list (or anyone they know) ever successfully got
BMWNA toreplace the windshield for free because of the fault, and is
it worth atry
or do they just attribute the pitting to stone chips and general wear
&tear?

C.1995 325is w/sports package>>

Chris:

I had the same sandblasting problem with my '94 325is after only
20,000 miles! Zero $ deductable glass coverage on my insurance policy
saved the day for me after -- wouldn't you know it -- a big "tree
branch" badly damaged the center of the windshield one day. I had the
glass replaced in a few hours.

I should note that if you do get it replaced, insist on real BMW
glass. Generic replacement windshields have no roundel stamped into
them and are invariably blurry across the entire bottom edge of the
viewable area.

Good luck, and be careful parking under those low hanging branches ;)

Tom Newton

==
1997 M3 Estoril Blue/Mulberry      |||||  Thnewton@domain.elided
Lux -w- non-lux grill & fr.spoiler |||||  Newtman@domain.elided
5 speed, Harmon Kardon, htd seats  |||||  CCA # 111050 - NY Chapter

Extras: RD Strut Brace, BMP/VDO E36 Gauge Cluster, Clear Lenses