Sandblasted Windshield

I still have the original wind shield in my 1987 325 with 182,000 KM. There
are a three small chips but nothing to be too concerned about. Do you drive
down gravel roads or behind dump trucks alot? BMW glass maybe soft but it
should still stand up to a number of years without pitting or going opaque.
My only problem with the windshield is the wipers, they tend to stick and
stutter a bit. You should bring your car into a glass shop or the dealer
and see if it is in fact normal. Maybe a defect???

P.S. I know it is still the original glass because it has the sticker
warning about "Kick Down" and redlining the car during the first 3,000 KM.

Dave Larocque