<E30> Brake Lining Light

Hello All,

My brake lining light has flickered on and off for the past 500 miles. My
mechanic has told me I have over 5k left on the pads (this was about 1000
miles ago). I did find that the sensor wire on the front was frayed. I
taped it up and the problem went a way for a while. The light rarely stays
on when the brakes are applied. I thought the light would come ON when the
sensor on the pad touched the rotor, and not go OFF.

Is there a sensor on every wheel? Visual inspection of one front and one
rear pad/rotor shows plenty of pad remaining. Any troubleshooting ideas
would be appreciated.

- -Aziz
BMW CCA #145895
'89 325i