Getting into BMWs

To the articulate, intelligent, masses on the one-and-only BMW Digest:

	Since you asked, I first was introduced to BMW's when I was valet parking
cars as a high school job.  It was great for trying different cars and
learning how to drive a stick.  Incidently, I NEVER have my cars valet
parked now except for the Camry if absolutely necessary.  The neatest car I
drove was a 320i (this was back in '76 and '77).  It was, back then, the
definition of a "tight" car for me.  Working at a country club, I got to
drive a lot more expensive cars, but not more fun ones.  I remember brand
new Mustangs with 200 miles on them squealing and sounding like they were
ready to be scrapped.  Incidently, I'm sorry to report that I have never
owned an American car.  Anyway, I liked BMW's since then and only recently
bought my first one.  The two hurdles to buying one were 1) they're kinda
expensive, and 2) my wife thought they had a real yuppie, obnoxious image.
When my wife got over the "image" issue and we decided to trade in the
Prelude, I test drove lots of different cars: 328i sedan, 328is, 323is, M3.
 I finally chose....the 328i.  She also loved the way it drove and here we
are.  We did end up with the 4DR automatic in dark blue with the Lux
Package after starting out with the 5 speed coupe in red with the Sport
Package, but life's a compromise.  Perhaps I'm a candidate for the UUC.
Incidently, the sports car I had the most trouble valet parking back then
was a 911, but I sure like mine so either I changed or the car did.