<E30> hardwiring v1 in an e30?

Hello,

	I just fried my Bel 745, giving me a good excuse to buy a V1 (which
I should have done in the first place...)  Anyways, I've found several
references for hardwiring one in an e36, but nothing for e30.  The e36
method doesn't look very practical for an e30 considering the location of
the rear view, so I'm assuming that suctioned to the windshield is the way
to go.

	I have a wire coming through the dash for the Bel, but the Bel was
velcroed to the dash and I'd like to mount the V1 higher than that.  It seems
like having the wire come out of the dash would be more intrusive than having
it drop from the headliner, but I don't have a power sunroof, so I'm not sure
where to get power.

	Would appreciate any suggestions from people that have done this ...

Thanks in advance,

todd
bmwcca #130676
'87 325 (currently "unprotected")