Re: bmw-digest V9 #116 & Pirelli Supersports

Sir:

	You passed on some comments on Pirelli SuperSports.  I was thinking of
getting a set for my 750.  Tie Rack has the 245-50-16 size on special
fir $115.  What do you think of the tires?  How do they handle and
last?  What's up with the carcas separations?

	I do a lot of high speed driving, but I don't race (I would like to do
a drivers school one time) so I am looking for quiet tires with great
dry grip and good wet grip that won't get trashed in 10,000 miles by a
4200 lb car.

	TIA,
- --

 RangeR
   BoB
 Hembrook

 '89 BMW 750iL                   	"Sputnik"	92k
 '89 Suzuki Samurai 4x4          	"Sammy"   	94k
 '88 Kawasaki ZX-10					28k