Chips "N" Dip

I posted a question earlier this week about reprogramming a chip in an e30.
Thanks for all the responses, I now know that it is not possible. SO the
next question is "what chip do I have?" Is there a sticker on the chip or
some other identifiable feature. The other concern that I have is that I
have been using regular 87 octane gas. I know that you are supposed to use
premium gas when using a chip, what happens when you don't?

The second part of my last question is concerning tire wear, I do drive a
bit aggressively and the front tires are wearing on the outside, is this
normal? There doesn't seem to be a lot of body roll or pitch. Should I have
my suspension checked out.

Thanks all the information I have received though the digest is a god send.

Dave Larocque
87 325