<E30> Vehicle Code Question

My '86 325 appears to have two codes, one is for the stereo
which I have used on two occasions following  battery
disconnection and replacement. The other code is a four digit
number and is listed on dealership papers as being the
vehicle code. My OBC is the most basic one that you can have
(date, time, temp and Memo + Data entry buttons) but it
doesn't have code anywhere on it. Is there any way I could
use this code for anti-theft purposes ? Or was this code
intended to be used had the car been ordered as a 325e with a
probably more featured OBC ? Thanks.

Mike '86 325 166K