Should I Buy a 318ti???

     Hi boys & girls,

        For quite some time I've had more than a passing interest in owning
     a 318ti.  The problem is that I currently have a wonderful '87 325iS
     that doesn't *need* replacing!  Of course, anything can be
     justified...

     The question that I have is this: Have any of you moved up from a
     good 6 cylinder E30?  Or, how about those of you with ample knowledge
     and experience with the E30 cars?  I realize that I would lose a bit
     of performance, but I'm not *too* worried about that.  Naturally, I'd
     want a Sport package model with a 5 speed, so let's compare with that.
     If I decide to do this, I figure it will cost me roughly $8000
     difference.  I would like to hear from you (admittedly) biased people
     if this would be a good move and why.  Advantages and disadvantages.
     I know the expense part is different to everyone of us and only I can
     decide to spend the ~$8000 or not.  Not really looking for guidance
     there.  I want to know what I'd be gaining and losing.

     TIA,
     Bobby Crumpley
     BMW CCA
     '87 325iS  BL'SSed
     '31 Ford Deluxe Tudor  Not BL'SSed, but bad ass 19" wire wheels