Re: faulty OBC temp reading

Scott:

Because every weekend I sit in my garage and while smoking a cigar crawl in
and around my BMW learning it from stem to stern, I noticed something up
front, inboard of the driver side fog light.  Peeking out through a little
hole in the plastic cover that goes over this space, is a little
probe-looking device.  I pulled off the plastic cover and examined it more
closely.  I had no idea what it was, so the only logical conclusion I could
come up with is is the thermometer that sends the outside temp info to the
OBC.

Bearing that in mind, it is possible yours has fallen from its mount and is
sitting inside the lower portion of the engine compartment near the spoiler
where perhaps warm air from the radiator fan is circulating over the probe
and  the air temp averages 20 degrees warmer than the actual outside
ambient temp.

Just a thought, though.  I could also be talking out my ass, because I am
only guessing that that is what the little probe is for.  But my thoughts
are always, "if you don't know something, don't know it with CONVICTION!"
That way you can at least look like you have some confidence in yourself!
;)

BTW any pro-bimwads out there who actually do know....I am still pretty
curious about the probe!

I'll go have another cigar and ponder my car!
John
1995 525iA
(to be sharked asap)