Emissions Testing

>Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:36:49 -0400
>From: Penny/Brandon Wood <woody@domain.elided>
>Subject: (E30 M3) Failed Emissions due to JC chip?

>Hi all,
>    My 88 M3 passed Ohio emissions with flying colors two yrs ago but now
=
>Sharked and 7k miles older (61k total) it has failed.  Should I have =
>switched the chip out before getting it checked?  I thought the chip was =
>50-state legal (Jim?).  I replaced the plugs 7k miles ago.  Maybe my =
>original O2 sensor is at fault, I'm not sure.  Probably wouldn't hurt to =
>have my injectors cleaned.  Any ideas would be great!  TIA,

>Brandon Wood
>88 M3=20
>BMW CCA #127523

Brandon, you may simply need to make sure that the car is up to temperature
when running the test. Was your car sitting and cooling before the test was
conducted? I'd be willing to bet that if you got the cat , exhaust and
block to the prime operating temp.that you will pass.
 Do you have any vacuum leaks?

- -Kevin