Proper brake pad break-in procedure?

Ordered a set of Metal Masters (thanks for the info everyone!), now I just
want to make sure I bed them properly so that I can get the best long-term
performance out of 'em.  What's the recommended way to break these pads in?
I know there's a common procedure people use (like 45mph-25mph stops,
followed by 60mph-10mph stops, or something like that).  Any experienced
individuals want to share their secret rituals?

Okay, here's a dumb question.  Do the pads work better after 100 miles or
something (will I not be able to stop as well as I'm used to during the
initial period of use?)?

Thanks,
Ben

End of bmw-digest V9 #114