Re: <E36> Sequential M Transmission - AVAILABLE NOW!

brian, all,

for those who _really_ want the SMG transmission, it is available NOW, in the
US.  it can be easily fitted into a US spec car, but there are some things
you'll have to modify.

actually, you can get an SMG transmission FREE, right NOW!  that's right, this
isn't a hott rodd spam...it's true!  however, your only stipulation is that
you have to buy the Euro M3 S52 motor that the SMG transmission is mounted to!
I've seen the motor, tranny, drivetrain in person!

for more info and tons of pictures, go to www.bubbaclub.com/ben.

ben
www.shortshifter.com

Brian M Kennedy wrote:

> Digesters,
>
> Is the Sequential M Transmission available here in the US? If so, does
> anybody  know how
> much this product would cost.  And lastly, is there a plan to make this an
> option to the next M3?

Well, I was waiting for someone who _knew_ to give an answer.  Since there has
been
no response, I'll give my best info -- and if its wrong, perhaps that'll spur
someone who _knows_ to respond...

No, the sequential transmission is unavailable in the US and will not easily
be
fitted into a US-spec car (I've heard the US motor does not leave enough room
for
it).

I think it runs about $5K-6K _as_an_option_ where it is available.  It would
cost
more than that to have it retrofit in a Euro-spec car.

I have heard rumors (that may be just wishful thinking) that it may be an
option on
the M5.  Haven't heard much on the next M3.

I think the closest we can get in the US is RaceLogic's trans controller that
gives
you an F1-style shifter on the steering wheel stalk.  But you're still using
the
same transmission and torque converter -- but at least you have a usable
manual
controller.

Brian