RE: Brake pads

>Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:42:24 -0500
>From: Benjamin_Trapp@domain.elided
>Subject: Metal Masters or Deluxe?
>
>These brake pads are both manufactured by the same company.  What is the
>difference and who has them for the cheapest price?

Yo Ben,

Deluxe are an asbestos-based pad that are inexpensive, have absolutely NO
dust whatsoever and won't stop worth beans when they get hot.  Four or five
aggressive stops in a row and they are all gone.  Perfect street pad if you
hate to clean your wheels.

Metal Masters are metallic based pads that have a heat rating slightly
higher than the stock Jurids that came on your car.  They dust lightly, but
are not dust free - more a white dust than that nasty ole black dust.  They
will do moderate duty at the track (VERY moderate). Good fade resistance
but will simply melt away when they get smokin'. Steve D'G at THE ULTIMATE
GARAGE sells 'em as cheaply as anyone last time I checked.

When you get real serious about track driving....get real track pads.
Pucker factor goes WAY up with real race pads.

Duane Collie
SVR/UUC/RM3DR1
National Capital Chapter