Re: I6 vs V6

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Scott Blazey wrote:

> Regarding the inline 6 versus V-6 thread, it may interest some of you to
> know that BMW NA President Vic Doolan, speaking at O'fest, emphatically
> stated that BMW will not build a car with a V-6 engine, nor will it build a
> car with front wheel drive.

And I'll share a couple of quotes from some other company presidents:

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- --Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
- -- Bill Gates, 1981

but then I may be a cynical maroon baboon.
- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net