re: <WTB> M3 Mirrors...

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998
James <linj03@domain.elided> wrote:

>	I'm currently looking into purchasing a set of M3 Mirrors for my
>325is.  Please e-mail me if you have new/used ones for sale.. thanks..
>			James

James,
I'm guessing by your address, that you're a student.
SAVE YOUR MONEY. Spend it on something more useful, like driving schools
and a good helmet for schools and autocross events.

The M3 mirrors were designed to reduce drag, hence their aerodynamic
design. The reasons not to add them to your car is that they are smaller
than your current mirrors (safety) and even used, you'll pay about $300.00
for them. Even the junkyards know their value.

By putting your money into driving schools, you're investing in a
modification that can be placed in any and every car you drive.
Modification of the 'Nut Behind The Wheel'. Also, this is the kind of
modification that may save your butt one day.

OK, maybe you don't want to be a better driver, maybe you just want your
car to look fast and sporty. If that's the case, stickers and fake "M3"
badges are less expensive than the mirrors. If that doesn't work, you can
get the "Kompressor" badges from your local Mercedes dealer. Plus, everyone
knows...."stickers add horsepower".

- - Chip