<e28> AC death, resurection

I exhausted my limited AC knowledge very quickly and found a shop that
would troubleshoot it for me.  It turned out that the pressure relief
valve of the reciever/dryer gave way for some reason and had to be
replaced.  Not a painless fix but much less than having to pay for a new
compressor or some 134a conversion.  BTW, the AC guy says that the 134a
systems suck and don't cool as well, especially in conversions.  He
offered to convert mine but said that the R12 would provide me with more
comfort and less wear on the system.  Go figure.

Best regards and thanks for those of you that offered you wisdom on this
topic.  No one is smarter than all of us.

- --
Tom Jarlock
88 535ia, 161,000
Landshark powered/K&N aspirated