Re: Stroking an M5, a little help please :-)

James wrote:

> Anyone ever done this? I'm looking to get some more juice out of my beast
> and stroking seems to be the only option available to me... I recall a
> thread a few months ago discussing superchargers for these things; no
> dice-right?
>
> Anyway, I'm entertaining doing it myself and am looking for a kit, advice,
> suggestions, warnings, etc! The beast in question is a 1991 M5 with 50K
> miles on it. It has been sharked and that's it. More details are of course
> available.

You could just send if off to Dinan who has a complete kit for that.
Brett Anderson has worked with some of this stuff and if you're anywhere
near New York he may be able to help you.

One of the folks who makes supercharger kits was looking at mine at
O'Fest '96 and remarked that there was a lot of room for a supercharger
in there so there may exist a kit by now.  If not maybe someone'll want
to use your car to develop a kit since these things are finally dropping
in value and people are starting to realize what great cars they are.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL