Re: Painting trim

     Sorry I'm late on reading digests....

     Duane advises:

     Tips: If you decide to do this, you cannot have any Armor-All type
     residue whatsoever on the trim. Most the time its advisable to start
     with brand new trim.  Any silicone traces on the trim will make the
     paint fisheye and/or not adhere well.  So, if you've been treating the
     trim with a product, you'll want to let it go natural for 4 to 6
     months before you consider painting it, or replace with new.

     So I'll add on:

     I really don't know how these particular pieces are made, but in
     general, new plastic molded pieces have a release agent residue on
     them.  Maybe even integrated into the plastic formula.  I would
     suggest letting a pro clean them before painting.

     Jim Powell
     '98 M3/4