Re: Touchless, Brushless car wash

We have one in our neighborhood which I have been using for several
years (this is Chicago, salt in winter!). Spray is about same pressure
as those "wand washes" but they have good coverage and I am very happy
with the results. They hand towel the car dry after the blowdry. Have
been using it on the wifes A4q (Inyerfaceofficer Laser Red!) with great
results and we show no apparent paint damage, spiderwebbing or anything
like that. BTW - We do a three step Meguiars on both of the cars twice
a year and use the carwash weekly in the winter and when needed in the
summer. I will NOT use a whirlybrush wash. Reason - Our
Audi/Mercedes/BMW dealer had one (had being the operative word) and
when they gave us the free wash with our first service it screwed up
(spiderwebbed) the paint. The service advisor told me to ask for a hand
wash in the future. They did offer me a half price detail but I did it
myself instead. It took me a morning with my orbital buffer and
assorted Meguiars products to get it back in shape.

Phil C.
95 525i 5spd