<02> tii ignition & door question

I've recently acquired a 73 tii and one of the previous owners installed a
Pirana electronic ignition. I've never heard of it, don't know if it's good
or bad, but I'd like to take it out all together and go back stock. Anybody
familiar with this thing? Is this an addon to the original distributor? Can
I remove the electronic parts and install real points and a standard cap?
It's got some kinda of problem at about 4500 rpm that I'm trying to cure and
I'm suspicious of this Pirana thing.
Also, the drivers door is real hard to open. It acts like the hinges are
gummed up. Is there any secret stuff I can squirt in there to free it up?
I'd like not to have to take the door off.
TIA for any help.
Mike Oatsvall
snormo@domain.elided