<O'fest 98> Thanks and Sharking

I just wanted to convey a special thank you to all the folks on this digest
that helped out with O'fest this week.  Special thanks to Rafael Garces
for helping out with the autocross, Wynne Smith for her work in
registration, and J.R. Schneider for doing everything under the sun.  Yea,
it was hot but we all had a good time.

There was also an almost unnoticed monumental event that occurred at
O'fest in the hotel parking lot.  Many of us follow the exploits of our
beloved DME magician, Jim Conforti.  Jim broke OBDII for us 96 and later
folks sometime ago.  However,  the upgrade has required removing the
DME computer and sending it to Jim causing some nominal down time.
Well, that will soon be history. Jim did the first diagnostic port uploaded
upgrade to my car and I'm happy to say its working great.  The whole
procedure took less than 5 minutes (including application of Shark
Infested decal to rear panel).  Jim will be expanding this procedure in the
next couple of months so that it will be available to the masses.  OBDII
has finally been conquered.  Thank you Jim!!!

Craig Eller
Driving Events Chairman - O'fest 98
97 ///M3 (finally Sharked)