Re: <E46>nervous

Steve Foster wrote:

> Test drove the new 328i-- both auto and stick
> versions. A tad better than my JChipped 325i
> in most respects-- a tad more room, a tad quieter,
> a tad more pull, and so on.  I'm thinking of leasing
> one, but BMW often makes numerous changes after
> the first year of production, and this has me nervous.
>
> For example, I hear talk of a new 3.0 liter V-6 to replace
> the 2.8liter coming in 2000.  Anybody know anything
> about this?  Appreciated.
>
> Steve

 After buying my 528i in '97 I was a bit disappointed to see the sport
versions introduced later.  I gave a lot of thought to modifying mine
but decided against it.  Still, I want a car with sportier handling so I
have ordered a new 328is.  Well, here I go again ordering a first year
production car.  I think I'm going to like it though even if there are
further improvements down the line.  With a premium package in addition
to the sport package I will enjoy nearly the same level of luxery as the
5 series but with far better handling and slightly better acceleration.

Ernie Van Nalts
E39 528  a wonderful car but not quite where I want to be
E36 318  wife's car (sierra red) gorgeous and fun