Re: 1995 M3 - Good deal?

Rebecca wrote:

> I have found a 1995 M3 with 32K miles on it for $29K.  Before I make the
> purchase, is there anything special to be looking for?  Scott Miller, you
> suggested early 1995 models had some engine problem.  I have checked the
> NHTA and Recall notes and don't see any reference.  Any idea what to check
> or how to make sure it doesn't have a problem?

I'm sure if you haven't already gotten a large response on the M3
"problem" you will.  NHTA looks like you might mean NHTSA.  The Recall
and other database information on problems with cars is for safety
related problems only.  If your paint is pealing or your shifter won't
let you select the correct gear when you're driving very hard you won't
find that information there.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031  (NHTSA Webmaster)
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL
'72 MGB 8LYFGR&