<All> Antifreeze & Pet Safety

A dog magazine article notes that antifreeze puddles on the driveway can
be a real hazard to dogs; they are drawn to its sweet taste but it is
highly toxic to them.

It goes on to recommend replacing ethylene glycol-based antifreeze with
propylene glycol-based antifreeze, observing that propylene glycol is
less toxic and tastes bitter, making it less appealing.

I just went out to my garage and read the label on Prestone, which is
ethylene glycol-based.

I would appreciate any and all comments on this issue, and if possible
suggestions as to good brands of propylene glycol-based antifreeze.

TIA,

Bob Baron
'92 735, BMWCCA, etc etc