Re: e28 window gaskets

Rick:

I replaced the window gaskets in both front doors of my '86 528e last
weekend.  They had gotten torn and cracked with age.  They didn't leak, but
the wind noise when driving at highway speeds had become quite annoying.  I
paid $39 each for the new guides at my local BMW dealer (list was $46 -- he
gives 15% discount to BMW CCA members).

I followed the instructions in the Bentley manual to remove the door trim
and the window glass, which you need to do to get the new window guides
properly seated into the tracks down inside the door.  The hardest part was
getting the window back into the track with the new guides in place.  Total
job was about 90 minutes for the first window and 30 minutes for the second
(quite a learning curve on window removal/replacement).

Good luck!

- -Chip Baines
BMW CCA
'86 528e