Re: Reply: Car Wash

SMILLER@domain.elided wrote:
> First, we all know to avoid like the plague any automated wash facility
> that has spinning brushes.  I'm also not all that crazy about places that
> have cloth or foam strips that hang down from the ceiling.  The cloth or
> foam strips trap dirt and then drag the dirt across all the other cars that
> come along, possibly scratching the paint.  So what you want is a hand
> car wash.
>
> There are hand car washes and then there are hand car washes.  The
> biggest problem is the lack of training for the workers.

You (and several others who have suggested DIY is the only alternative) don't
mention my preferred kind of automated wash system -- wondering people's
opinions....

Nothing but water ever touches the car.  And the pressure is well below sand blaster
levels -- I doubt it is anywhere near 70mph -- thus, I wouldn't expect it to be any
worse for the paint than driving 70mph through a rainfall (which I'd certainly hope
my car's paint can handle; and if not, I am doomed anyway).

It soaps the car low pressure, lets it sit, then sprays it off.  Its a quick way to
keep my car clean between thorough wash&wax'ings (for which the only good safe
solutions seem to be DIY or expensive detailing places).

Opinions?  Issues?

Brian

P.S.  I actually like those automated washes with the spinning brushes and the cloth
strips, etc. -- for decrusting my SUV, which I'd never consider washing by hand  ;^)
- -- but my M3 never goes to those.