'97 M3 tires (FStones SZ50)

Edward Chan <ehchan@domain.elided> wrote :
<snip> Anyhow, I remember reading a while back about using Firestone
> SZ50's instead of BridgestoneS-02's, and was wondering what people
> thought about this.

Tsssssh! You're letting the secret out:-) I don't know how similar SZ50's
are to S02's, but I know that SZ's work very well. One of my auto-x buddies
used them as rain tires during the last winter (when El Nino tried to wash
CA from the face of the earth:-)) and we all were amazed how well the tires
performed. Even in the dry they've surprised us by being only 1-2 sec
slower than R1's. The same top level driver and the same car (late model
Camaro).

To make long story short, it's a great tire especially for the money. As
far as sizes go, 235/45/17 should fit with no problems all the way around.
They are taller then stock 245/40/17's, so your speedo will read a bit
lower (2-3%).

IMHO.

Boris Elpiner
97 M3 (will be on SZ's when MXX's wear out)
94 Ford Ranger