<e30> Speedometer fix

Is there possibly anywhere else you could ask for help with a Bimmer
problem and within 24 hours get responses from nine strangers?  This digest
is the ultimate in getting help with those stubborn car problems.  My plea
for help with my ailing speedometer was answered almost immediately by the
following individuals:

	Adrian North
	Dale Beuning
	Nick Brearley
	Jeff Schnellinger
	Dave Mulhouse
	Scott Miller
	Rick Gaitley
	Jim Cash
	Shawn

These gentlemen descrbed the two basic areas that needed to be inspected;
the electrical connection at the differential and the solder points on the
speedo circuit board.  I checked and cleaned the differential connection,
then went to the website listed here for instructions on repairing the
circuit board. <http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/speedo/speedo.htm>  This
repair procedure was created by Jeff Schnellinger and is posted on Dale
Beuning's site.

Yesterday, I did a Minneapolis/Milwaukee round-trip (775 miles), and had
absolutely no problems with the speedometer.

Thank you, Gentlemen, for helping me out - I truly appreciate it.

Dean Davis
North Star Chapter
BMW CCA #125940

1975 2002