What to lool for in a '95 M3

>Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 00:22:54 -0400
>From: rebecca_k_aldred@domain.elided
>Subject: 1995 M3 - Good deal?
>
>I have found a 1995 M3 with 32K miles on it for $29K.  Before I make the
>purchase, is there anything special to be looking for?

Rebecca,

The '95 M3 was a constant work-in-progress and it had a very long model run
(18 nonths or so).  There were sone 'bugs' in the early production series
that did not get resolved until the '95's were almost done.  What is the
date of production of the one you are looking at (check the driver's door
jamb for the plate).

Among the early production dates were problems with valve retainers, softer
transmission mounts - allowing the linkage to mis-align, and softer
suspensions.

Anything 09/95 has all the fixes. 10/95 or later has the newer I-Bus radio,
too.

Duane Collie