<E28> Oil pressure warning light

It seems lately that my oil pressure warning light (1983 533i, 193k) has
been lingering on for a few seconds more at start-up than previously.
Nothing too major (I'm sure it seems longer than it is) but probably
about 5-7 seconds from ignition to light out. Changing the oil had no
effect (20w50 dino, FYI). There are no other related problems - the
light does not come on at any other time, and oil appears to be reaching
the top end fine (no abnormally loud noises, visual inspection after
running shows everything well covered.) Oil spray bar bolts are nice and
tight. Any thoughts on this - problem, or just an old car getting older?
- --
- -AEG

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get
you.

Encrypted mail preferred: mailto:aeg@domain.elided
PGP public key available at: http://www.pgp.com/keyserver/pks-toplev.cgi

End of bmw-digest V9 #93