Re:Bay Area Stealerships- Allison Sucks!

Ed Wodzienski  writes:

>Anybody have anything to say about the following dealerships?:
>
>- -Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA
>- -Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo, CA
> - -Steven's Creek in Santa Clara, CA

I have only experienced service from Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo and it
wasn't a positive experience.  There were a few "little" service jobs
that I wasn't particularly happy about but the last experience I had
that made me stop going there was when I had an Inspection II done on my
'92 325i.

The service rep told me that it'll take a whole day to do the job when I
dropped off the car mid-morning on a Monday.  I called them up the next
day to check on the car since they haven't called me and I was told that
it won't be ready for another day.  So I went back on Wednesday
afternoon and the car was ready.  I drove off the dealership and within
about 50 yards from the dealership, the car started mis-firing terribly
so I turned around and brought it back.  The rep called one of the
mechanics to bring the car into the service bay and take a quick look,
maybe something was loose.  About 15 minutes later, the mechanic comes
back and says that they need to keep the car overnight and take a look
at it some more since the problem wasn't obvious to him.

The rep writes up another service order and tells me that it will be
ready the next day and he starts walking away.  I asked him what about
the loaner car that they took back earlier when I got my car.  He said
that they only offer loaner cars to people who have major work done,
such as an Inspection II, and since that job was already performed on
the car, the free loaner did not apply anymore.  I had to argue that I
brought the car in for major service and when I got it back it was in a
worse condition than when I brought it in so as far as I was concerned,
the "job" wasn't completed yet therefore I was still entitled to a
loaner car.  The long and short of it (about 10 minutes) is that I got a
loaner car.

The problem with the car I found out the next day was that there were 2
bad plugs and a bad coil pack.  This incident is what made me look for
another service shop and I have been bringing my car over to Dinan in
Mt. View for service.

B. Ramos
'92 325i