Re: <WOB>Relatively New BMW Owner Remembers....

>...a 1990 325isa for the wife and a 1990 M3 for
>myself. Both cars were thoroughly inspected prior to
>purchase and were found to beclean, undamaged, and
>well maintained versions of the cars.

>Now that I own them, I can't ever get out of the
>garage on the weekends.  It's always something!

Sorry to hear your introduction to BMWs has come with such numerous
small woes.

The terms "clean, undamaged, and well maintained" say nothing about
whether the cars were checked for mechanical soundness and issues due
to aging from normal wear and tear.

Since these cars are 9 years old, I presume they have near, if not
over +100,000 miles on them. Even a "well maintained" car will be due
for various mechanical repairs and tweaks after that much time and
mileage.

Obviously, you weren't expecting 9 year old cars to be low
maintenance. But you may need to kick the person that gave them such a
glowing mechanical inspection. Or you may need to kick yourself for
not asking enough questions of the inspector to find out what was and
wasn't covered in the inspection.

Derek (92 525i E34, Atlanta GA)