RE: Bleeding Brakes Alone--Best Tool?

Jason E. Markel wrote:

>...I'm looking for a way to single-handily bleed brakes....I'm
>interested in hearing opinions on how well they work, cost, and your
overall
>satisfaction with the product...

You might try Speed Bleeders from Russell; I got mine at Pep Boys for
$12/pair. They replace the standard bleeder screw with a screw that has a
spring loaded check valve. So, you open the screw, pump the brakes until
done, then close the screw. The check valve prevents air from entering the
caliper between pumps. These are a huge time saver, and work well. You need
to know what size bleeder screw to purchase, by thread and length; if you
have a spare, then bring it with you to the store.

Jim Durant
jmdurant@domain.elided