Re; E30 M3 stuff

Tony W.  <TDUBNRAE@domain.elided> Wrote:
I went to the dealer today (Beaudry BMW/Saab) in Tucson, AZ today looking for
the camber (crash) correcting strut bearings I've been reading about today.
 Does anyone use these on an e30 m3 for
AS autox, are they available?  Anyone have a good fast setup for this car?  I
have had it about five months and I'm just working out the tire pressures with
R1s.  Any help would be excellent.

I also asked about the factory manual CD.  "Never heard of it."  They weren't
much help.
TIA
Tony W
89 M3

Tony,

I use these on my E30 M3 , a very common modification. Try having your
dealer search as an offset upper strut bearing.  They will give ~ 1/2
degree improvement in camber setting . Improves turn in response w/o
drastically effecting tire wear.
As for suspension set up on the E30 M3 , I recommend Turner Motorsport at
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/

For auto cross and street use , go with Eibach Comps , and Suspension Tech.
bars and Bilstein Sport shocks.  If your car is an autocross and track only
car , consider TMS's custom E30 M3 springs.

You'll need to reset your toe in after installing the upper strut bearings.
I set mine at  ~ 1/16" total toe for street use.

Good Luck,
///Mario
///Team Bubba Sports
drive fast , take chances   "words to live by"