Koni Shocks and Struts

I'm looking to replace my stock shock/struts with some Koni Adjustables
(already have the H&R 29910.2s).  It seems like most people sell them for
about the same price, other than shox.com.  And, places like T.C. Kline and
Truechoice will build the fronts for you (including yellow paint and a Koni
sticker).  Any recommendations.

My main problem is the front struts.  I'd like to keep my stock struts and
get a used pair to cannibalize, but I haven't had any luck finding a pair.
Also, I'd rather not leave my car on stands for a week while I wait to get
my struts back.

I know some of you have built them yourself.  How hard is it?  I'm not sure
I have the tools or the knowledge to do this myself, and I sure don't want
to screw it up. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Frank
97 M3
Hoosier Chapter