Carpe Deim!

Duane, I'd like to know what insurance company you have that will go to the
lengths you suggest on the paint job.  I'm with Nationwide, and getting a
"top quality" paint job from them is worse than pulling teeth, with no
anesthetic.  I recently had overall damage done to my '65 356 Porsche(large
dog, chasing racoon who decided to hide under then on top of the car)that
necessitated a full re-paint.  First question from adjustor:  How old is the
paint?  Why? Because they figure the paint has a life span, and they
depreciate it at 10% per year!  Based on the type of car, and low mileage
driven each year, we compromised at 10% total.  Get a water sanded job, paid
for by the insurance company?  Not around here!  Not unless you are prepared
to go through endless hours going up the adjustor chain, then go through
arbitration(hire your own appraiser).  And then you may lose anyway.  My
re-paint is going to end up costing me $500 out of pocket, with me doing the
dismantling, helping prep the car, and helping water sand,  so a friend, who
is a body/paint man, can do the job right.  Maybe with a new/almost new car
it would be easier, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Mark Selleck
'65 SC Coupe
'85 535i