Re: M Roadster v Boxster

Hi all.

A couple of people wrote about the M Roadster and the Porsche Boxster, with
one member of the Porsche owner's club trying both vehicles and proclaiming
the Boxster to be superior (faster, one would presume). I needn't point out
that the handling characteristics of a mid-engined car and a front-engined
car are, um, different, and if you are used to a Boxster's habits you
probably won't get an M Roadster round a given course as quickly.

FWIW the Euro M Roadster has 321 bhp which enables it to frighten a 996 -
300 bhp but lighter - let alone a Boxster. Now if Porsche was to reduce the
power of the US Boxster by (321-240)/321 or 25%, we'd have a truly level
playing field.

Is it me, or has Porsche designed the Boxster to look the same going
forwards as it does backwards? Perhaps this was to minimise the
embarrassment felt by drivers who put it into one of those familiar
trailing-throttle spins.

:)

Regards

Andrew T