Re: M Roadster vs Boxster

Jan Nelson wrote:

> OK, I confess.  I have a friend who owns and autox's his Porsche.  There is
> an opinion distributed in the local Porsche club that claims that the
> Boxster kicks M Roadster butt.  Seems one of their drivers also runs at the
> 24 of Daytona and has tried both vehicles...
>
> What proofs do we have that I can throw back at them?  Or do we bow
> reverently?

Well, there's the obvious "on paper" stats which tremendously favor
the M Roadster:

     M Roadster  Boxter
0-60      5.2      6.1
1/4mi    14.2     14.7
HP        240      201
WT/HP    12.8     13.7
Torque    236      181
WT/Torq  13.1     15.2
Slalom   65.3     65.0   (mph)
60-0      116      120   (ft)
80-0      203      210   (ft)

The M Roadster wins in every one -- some by a large margin.
(These stats are from R&T.  The manufacturer's stats are even bigger margin.)

For a more "in practice" comparison, consider that the SCCA classifies the
M Roadster in Super-Stock (the top stock class) and the Porsche Boxster in
A-Stock (which is where the M3 is -- and the M3 is definitely more successful
in A-Stock than the Boxter is).

Give'em hell,  ;^)

Brian