Re: e30 questions (shifter slop)

Thaddeus wrote:

<<snip>

   I'm not sure what you are referring to as a Rubber Shifter Block,

however, before you (or your shop) orders any shifter-related parts for

your car, you should verify what type of shift console you have in that

car.  Sources indicate that your model car (same as mine) should have a

'sheet-metal shift console.'  However, My '86 325es (Build date of
6/86)

actually has an aluminum shift console, which, sources say, should be
on

E30 cars from ~1987 onwards.

</paraindent>

<<end snip>

I just wanted to second this.  I went to my car a week ago to check this
since I am interested in getting rid of the sloppy shift and maybe
putting in an M3 lever.  My car is a 1987, but the build date was 6/86.
Sure enough the car had the aluminum console.  This is something you
should definitely check before committing to changing anything in there.
You don't want to be surprised when you get in there with the parts that
you thought you needed, but were wrong.  (ask me how I know!).  Good luck
Jon.

Louie Rendek

Case Western Reserve Univ.

1987 325e 133k miles