<all?> Wiper Arm Splines

FYI- My wiper arms attachment was shaky- one came free enough to not work recently.  I
removed the nut cover, nut, washer, and arm.  Using a carbide tipped scribe I scraped
the metal mud from the fine splined conical mount point and wiper arm receiver.  After a
quick clean they were reattached and torqued relatively high (by hand).  If I was to do it
again, loc-tite would be used.  I might have tried lowering the passenger side resting
position, like I did with the drivers side, but it would have interfered with the hood.

This note is so you may prevent this problem.  My episode luckily occurred during an
errand just before leaving on a rainy trip allowing easy (non-roadside) remedy. Checking
the nut tightness alone may help you avoid chewing up the splines as bad as mine are...
Better ideas welcome.

Dave Turnblom '90 535i deturnblom@domain.elided
			Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you