O'Fest Lunch Break

Well folks,

Took a trip out to the O'Fest auto-x over lunch.  Man, that looks like a
lot of fun.  I think I could get hooked real easily.  I must admit I was
a bit nervous about auto-xing, but not anymore.  I'm no race driver but
I know I can do a lot better than some of the folks I saw out there.

Today was non-M3 day so there were only a couple M3's out there.  Most
of them are in the driver's school down at Sebring today.  Supposedly,
there's gonna be about 70 or more there tomorrow for M3 auto-x day.
Gotta get back there...hmmm, don't I have a meeting over there tomorrow?
Yeah, that's the ticket.

Didn't know anybody out there except one of our ti guys from
shifterfest, Patrick Spikes.  Met Rafael Garces (BMWCCA Auto-x
coordinator) just as he was getting ready to make a run - man, he looked
awfully smooooth on that course.  Had spoken with him a while back when
they were looking for a site.  I remembered doing a sedan comparison for
R&T/BMW last summer at the Greyhound Park (Dog Track) so I pointed him
that direction.  It's kind of a PITA to get to but it's got a HUGH open
parking lot.  They're also running a slalom event there sponsored by
Michelin.  Seven gates, turnaround, and come back through, winner gets a
new set of Michelins.  Pretty kewl!

Everyone seemed fairly pleased with the course if not with the weather.
Can't imagine why, it's a beautiful day...sunny (of course) and 95 or so
in the shade.  Guess they just don't realize that the hotter it is the
less women wear around here.  Like I said, it's a great day.  Gotta love
Florida!  :)

Well, I'd better get a little work done today so I'll catch you all
later.

Calvin Hare
Orlando, FL
'96 M3 - future auto-x monster