Re: Warped Rotors and the 2 Piece Euro Setup On my M3 - Tino

Hello All,

Rotors warp due to many things but the main offenders are heavy braking over a
long period of time and the brake pads themselves.  The OEM rotors don't have
any room to expand when they get hot and just tend to warp instead.  This is
why the Euro Motorsports 2 Piece rotor is harder to warp.  The little gap
allowed by the 2 piece floating design allows the rotor a little bit of room
to expand when hot and cool down faster than the OEM rotors.   The OEM pads
also seem to generate a bit more heat and speed up the warping process.  The
setup I have on my 98 M3 is working out great for me.  I have the Euro
Floating Rotors and the Porterfielder brake pads.  (Thanks to Theo Teazis for
recommending the Porterfielders)  With this setup I have been to about 15
driving events.  I admit that I use my brakes heavily,  but I am just starting
to notice a slight vibration under heavy braking and am going to replace them.
For me this is great use.  I can probably last a few more track days but why
take the chance.  Rotors are parts that just wear out with use,  but by
getting better rotors and pads you will notice better braking, prolong rotor
life and reduce your chance of warping them greatly.
If I am going to plan a weekend trip 300 miles away to go to a Driving School,
I don't want the brakes on my car to ruin it for me so the extra $ is worth it
sometimes.  Just my opinion.

Any comments from the BMW Members that have bought the rotors from me on
this??

Thanks,

Tino Saloomen
TinoM3@domain.elided