Chip install

>Are these chips difficult to install?  I mean I'm not from the school for
>the mechanically declined, but I don't want to screw anything up either.
>Anyone?
>
>John
>95 525i

John,

Got a # 2 Phillips Screwdriver and needlenose pliers? Grab a beer and dive
in. Piece o' cake. I can do a chip swap in about 8 minutes now....I stick a
new one on about every 6 months due to some upgrade or another.

Just make sure you know WHICH chip to pull out.  I've known some who pick
the wrong chip to pull and then when it didn't come out...got after it with
VICE GRIPS!!! (this is true). You can buy a new DME board that way <g>.

And don't put the chip in backwards....tends to make the car kinda hard to
start.

Duane Collie
SVR / UUC / RM3DR1
National Capital Chapter