re: Help installing CD-Changer into 92 525iT

Antony Pohl wrote:
>After much cursing and bewilderment I have given up temporarily on the quest
>for installing my new CD-changer.
>
>I bought the Pioneer CDX-M30 and the adapter cable (I have an Alpine 3
>radio) and invested in a BMW 525 mounting bracket when it was obvious the
>supplied bracket from Pioneer wouldn't do.  But now I can't even figure out
>how to mount the BMW bracket into the rear of my touring with the four hex
>bolts with premounted washers and the two plastic C-clips that were
>provided.  The bracket has two pieces.  One of which has E32 and E34 along
>with hexes, squares, and triangles inscribed into it next to various holes.

Somebody sold you the wrong bracket.
sounds like you got the 2-piece one with the foam block designed for E32/4
under the rear shelf sedan mounting.  The one you need includes two side
brackets called "front" and "rear", part nos. 65 12 8 355 804/805.  One
bottom support #65 12 8 355 806.  The screws that go into the car body in
case you want to make sure you don't poke through the rear quarter are 07
11 9 906 763. Unfortunately the small screws designed for the bracket to
Changer mounting are included in the BMW Changer Kit and the bracket holes
line up with the BMW Pioneer changer and not your CD-MX30, so you may have
to drill the brackets and use what Pioneer gave you for screws.  It is
designed to be mounted backward, that is the BMW/Pioneer name will be
correct when viewed through the side window not inside the car.  Be sure to
set the side shock-absorber springs to vertical setting (maybe not
applicable on the CD-MX30?).

Good Luck,

- -Phil