Re: gbuffone: To Chip or Not to Chip

>I spoke with a fellow enthusiast at my last driver's school
>asking if the advertised increases in horsepower (12) and torque
>(similar, I believe) could actually be felt ; I was basically told NO.
>At the risk of committing blasphemy I would appreciate any input pro or
>con about the chip.   Would it be necessary to combine it with intake
and
>exhaust mods to get power I could feel? I'm quite happy with the car as
>it sits so I would not want any drivability sacrificed.
>
>Thanks one and all--
>Gary Buff

Gary,

I do not have the same engine as your car, but I would still highly
recommend getting the Jim C. chip.

I started with the stock chip, moved to a Dinan chip, and then finally
purchased a chip from Jim C.

The Dinan chip improved full throttle acceleration in revs above 3500.
Felt great at the time as I just replaced the stock chip.

When I installed the Jim C. chip, I couldn't believe the difference.
Jim's software maps all throttle positions except for idle.  There is
more torque throughout the rev range; not just in the high revs.  There
is better throttle response because of this.  Greater acceleration is
definitley felt throughout the entire rev range.  Even my wife noticed!
With more torque mapped in the lower revs, the car actually has
increased driveability.

Even one of my driving instructors also mentioned that they haven't been
in a 535i that pulled this strongly before!

My fuel mileage is identical, so, Jim's chips, in my eyes, have no
drawbacks.

There are two types of cars:  Sharked and Un-Sharked

Andy Peavy
91 535i
email: m5wannab@domain.elided