<E36> Interior door panel ballooning

The passanger side interior door material on my 325is
has "ballooned" up.  I suppose the material became
unglued and the heat has expanded the air behind it.
I am not sure if it shrinks back down once the car is in
the garage and the outside temp drops (overnight).

It is in the region on the arm rest from the handle you
use to pull the door closed all the way back to the door lock.
Essentially, you can't put your arm on the arm rest, because
it is a big pillow now.

If it was a 1999, I suppose it could be a side impact airbag.

Is this covered by some sort of interior warranty?
The car is no longer under regular warranty.  Is
there a simple way to fix it? Get glue back behind it
and then cool the car down so it shrinks back on?

Thanks

Matt Tremmel
tremmemm@domain.elided
'94 325is