gbuffone: To Chip or Not to Chip

- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------
From: gbuffone
To: owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided
Subject: To Chip or Not to Chip
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:52:37 -0400

I own a 1995 318ti that I enjoy immensely on the track about 8-10
weekends a year as well as drive daily.  Was thinking about installing
the sainted Jim C. chip (sold by Turner, I believe; please correct me if
I'm wrong).  I spoke with a fellow enthusiast at my last driver's school
asking if the advertised increases in horsepower (12) and torque
(similar, I believe) could actually be felt ; I was basically told NO.
At the risk of committing blasphemy I would appreciate any input pro or
con about the chip.   Would it be necessary to combine it with intake and
exhaust mods to get power I could feel? I'm quite happy with the car as
it sits so I would not want any drivability sacrificed.

Thanks one and all--
Gary Buff
- --------- End forwarded message ----------

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]